Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Mirecki Attack

I have hesitated to post on the attack on Paul Mirecki, which has been in the news and discussed in blogs since Monday. Let me just say at the outset: any physical attack on an individual because you disagree with what he has said, or believe what has said is offensive, is completely wrong. Regardless of the details, I wish Prof. Mirecki a speedy recovery. If a crime was committed, I hope whoever did it is caught and brought to justice.

However, I would like to go one step further: I denounce such violence, but I also denounce the use of the language of violence in what should be a civil debate.

I await more details on the attack from Prof. Mirecki, which I assume he will provide in the near future.

* * *

The Washington Post reports now that he has resigned as chairman of the religion department at KU.

Telic Thoughts has been all over this story, and has several posts and many links.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home