Friday, March 10, 2006

Grumpy Old Man

In ruminating on my last post, I couldn't help but picture Dana Carvey as Grumpy Old Man answering the telephone when the Zogby call came in. If you don't know the shtick from SNL, go here, and scroll to the bottom.

I can see him now . . .
I'm old and I'm not happy. Everything today is improved and I don't like it. I hate it! In my day, they made us memorize boring "facts" about horses getting bigger and losing toes in a steady line of progress, and we were not allowed to think for ourselves or think about interesting new ideas, and we liked it, we loved it. The teachers gave us false and misleading information about embryos and moths pasted to trees, and told us just to shut up and believe it and we did, and liked it. We loved it. We didn't have any of that critical analysis crap to make us think better, and we liked being stupid drones who just accepted the materialistic pablum of the scientists. We didn't know any better and we were glad. We loved it!

Looks like Grumpy Old Man might have been reading this.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home