Friday, September 08, 2006

Weekend Humor #6

I thought this post by Amanda Witt was pretty funny. It is arguably an inside joke. I am not sure anyone will truly get the humor, unless she has become sufficiently nauseated by reading multiple Darwinian lobbyists claiming that Intelligent Design and Creation Science are the same thing. These are allegedly bright people, who claim not to see a significant distinction between those who base their ideas on revelation through Scripture, and those who base their theories on scientific evidence and arguments alone.

It begins like this:

The Problem with Intelligent Design . . .


Given that the Discovery Institute is so often accused of "trying to smuggle creationism into the public schools," I found this (rather baffling) conversation interesting.

I was talking with a near-stranger.

"So I looked up that place your husband works," she said pleasantly. "You know, I found it online. That place."

"The Discovery Institute," I said.

"Right. And so I did a lot of reading about it, and there's a problem. A big one."

I waited. . . .


Read the rest here, and please do have a delightful weekend.


1 Comments:

At September 09, 2006 3:41 AM, Blogger Foxfier said...

*blink*

Um....

I think I've been readin' y'all too much. That was amusing, in an exasperating way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home